Looking for the best spray mop for your home or office situation can be a daunting task. That is if you are not sure which of the many spray mop options you should choose.
Not only would you need to zero in on the right spray mop for your purposes, but you would need to stay clear of other types of mops that may not work as well as spray mops.
Then again, to select the most suitable spray mop for your purposes requires some research. With the variety of spray mop options, it’s amazing the many things you’ll need to bear in mind when buying one.
Thankfully, you can consult reliable spray mop reviews for the most appropriate spray mops that can relieve you of the stress of mopping, dusting, and cleaning your space.
5 Best Spray Mops for Hardwood Floor: Editor’s Pick
|BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop|
|Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop|
|18" Professional Microfiber Mop|
|BISSELL Spinwave Powered Mop|
|Mopnado Stainless Steel Spin Mop|
This review and buying guide is here to help you with timely and useful information that will guide you in selecting recommended products from reputable suppliers.
Whether the spray mop you need is for heavy duty cleaning or light work, you will find the right mop for the task.
So, here are ten spray mops recommended for your consideration.
- Our 10 Best Spray Mops for Hardwood Floor Review:
- 1. BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop, Floor Steamer, Tile Cleaner, and Hard Wood Floor Cleaner
- 2. Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop Floor Cleaning Kit
- 3. 18″ Professional Microfiber Mop | Stainless Steel Handle
- 4. BISSELL Spinwave Powered Hardwood Floor Mop and Cleaner
- 5. Mopnado Stainless Steel Deluxe Rolling Spin Mop with 2 Microfiber Mop Heads
- 6. Bona Hardwood Floor Spray Mop, includes 28.75 oz. Cartridge
- 7. Swiffer Sweeper Floor Mop Starter Kit BgNICE
- 8. O-Cedar ProMist MAX Microfiber Spray Mop
- 9. Vorfreude – Old Model – Floor Mop with Integrated Spray
- 10. SIGA Professional Microfiber Mop
- Buying Guide: Things to Consider When Select Spray Mop For Hardwood Floor
- How to Use Spray Mop
- FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Our 10 Best Spray Mops for Hardwood Floor Review:
1. BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop, Floor Steamer, Tile Cleaner, and Hard Wood Floor Cleaner
Among the best spray mop options listed here is the BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop. This spray mop delivers an effective steam cleaning experience that leaves your home smelling fresh. Not only is the PowerFresh an effective solution for the tough dirt and grime on your floor, but it is also a convenient tool to get your scrubbing job done. With the easy to use flip-down scrubbing brush, you can remove stubborn dirt and grime fast.
Furthermore, using the Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop eliminates 99.9 percent of the bacteria and germs found around the house. Steam mopping also sanitizes your floor. Of course, the Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop does all this when you use it as directed. Another thing about this steam mop is that you can put it together quickly and easily. Removing and refilling the container for the water is also quick and easy.
Furthermore, the Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop heats quickly so that you save time during cleaning. Even deep-down stains from grouts are removed with this versatile steam mop. You might, however, need to be careful with the steam to avoid burning yourself or allowing the steam mop to sit too long over a spot on your floor.
- The Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop cleans and sanitizes your floor – you don’t need abrasive chemicals to do the job;
- Using this steam mop is effective in eliminating 99. 9 percent of bacteria and germs in your house;
- The flip down scrubber helps you to remove tough and sticky mess;
- You can adjust the steam level from high to low to suit your cleaning requirements using the digital steam controls;
- The Bissell PowerFresh is connected by a 23-foot power cord and uses 1500 Watts of power;
- It has a steering that swivels to make it easier to move around;
- With your spray mop, you also get one soft microfiber pad, two spring breeze scented discs, one microfiber scrubbing pad, and one carpet glider.
2. Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop Floor Cleaning Kit
All it takes to waste less and save more is the Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop Floor Cleaning Kit. With its thick microfiber cleaning pad, you can get a thoroughly clean floor that you will be happy with. The cleaning pads can be washed again for use over and over. You don’t need to run to the supermarket every time you need a replacement cleaning pad.
Also, you can refill the container for the cleaning solution with a little hot water and about two teaspoons of your choice of cleaning mix. Furthermore, the Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop Floor Cleaning Kit has a scrubbing pad that does not scratch. This accessory is quite effective in removing hard to lift dirt and grime off your floor.
You will get your money’s worth (it’s quite affordable) with the Rubbermaid Reveal spray mop, which is the best mop for hardwood floors. Although it is lightweight, it is an efficient cleaner as it has a broad base with a pole length of 5′.6″. You can also use longer strokes when mopping your floor. Furthermore, this spray mop does not use batteries. So, to release the cleaning spray from the bottle, simply squeeze the trigger. You may, however, need to run water through the line after each cleaning to prevent the sprayer from clogging up and stop working.
- You can use the Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop Floor Cleaning Kit on any floor such as vinyl, tile, laminate, and hardwood;
- Compared to traditional mops, the Rubbermaid Reveal’s Microfiber cleaning pad collects 50% more dust and dirt in each swipe;
- Also, the Microfiber pads can be washed up to 100 times, so you don’t have to buy replacement cleaning pads;
- It also comes with a scrubber that leaves no scratches on your floor while it removes stubborn spots;
- This spray mop also carries a 22-ounce bottle for you to refill with your choice of cleaning solution;
- It is made of a lightweight yet durable plastic material.
3. 18″ Professional Microfiber Mop | Stainless Steel Handle
Make your floor spotless again with the 18-inch Professional Microfiber Mop. Not only is this mop an easy to use tool for cleaning even the toughest dirt, but it is also useful in removing dust and debris with its microfiber cleaning pads. Mopping floors is a less stressful chore with this professional grade household accessory. Enjoy a cleaner, healthier home with the cleaning power of this microfiber spray mop.
You will experience the wider surface area that this microfiber mop covers in a single swipe. Furthermore, you don’t need expensive chemical cleaners to use this spray mop. With just water mixed with your favorite cleanser, you can get the cleaning job done, so your home is clean and fresh.
Other mops leave streaks and skip over stubborn spots. Not the 18-inch Professional Microfiber Mop. You don’t need to get down on all fours to clean your floor. Instead, use this handy spray mop that is both lightweight and portable. Another useful feature is the washable cleaning pad, which you can place in your washing machine.
- With less time and effort clean your stone, tile, hardwood, concrete and other floors with this professional grade spray mop;
- Your home or office are thoroughly cleaned with the microfiber mop. You don’t need much water to get it done;
- The mop handle can be adjusted to fit your height and preferences;
- With your purchase you receive two microfiber pads for wet mops, one microfiber pad for dust mopping, six-foot stainless-steel mop handle that you can adjust, and an aluminum mop frame;
- Like most spray mops, this model is easy to assemble and use.
4. BISSELL Spinwave Powered Hardwood Floor Mop and Cleaner
You might, however, prefer a powered spray mop. In that case, the Bissell Spinwave Powered Hardwood Floor Mop is your best bet. Not only is the Bissell Spinwave suitable to use on bare and sealed floors like vinyl floors, tile, linoleum, and hardwood floors, but it is also versatile in dealing with any mess. Whether the mess is dry, sticky, or downright stubborn, the Bissell Spinwave will clean it up for you.
This powered spray mop comes with scrubby pads to be used on the hard, gooey mess, and soft touch pads to clean dirt, dust, and hair. You don’t need to put in much effort in using the Bissell Spinwave, thanks to its power spin pads. Also, the sprayer delivers the amount of cleaning solution from its 28-ounce container, that is specially formulated for cleaning different surfaces. Furthermore, this spray mop covers a wide area with its 14” mop head. You can also easily maneuver the Bissell Spinwave spray mop that swivels to reach under your furniture and around obstacles.
You might, however, find the sprayer action a little sluggish in pushing out the cleaning mix to the floor. It takes a little effort to get it going. The pivoting handle also does not have a lock or release button. So, you would need to push or lower the handle into position whenever you are done with the cleaning. Nonetheless, the makers of the Bissell Spinwave are confident that you will be satisfied with their product; they offer a two-year limited warranty.
- The power from the Bissell Spinwave spray mop scrubs the floor, so you don’t need to put out much effort;
- This powered mop is designed to clean floors or surfaces that are sealed as well as bare. These include tiles and hardwood floors;
- The container holds 28 ounces of cleaning solution or water;
- It comes with soft touch pads to be used in light cleaning on your hardwood floor and scrubby pads which are best for difficult and stubborn messes;
- The powered spin pads reduce the effort you need to put into the cleaning chore, no more going on hands and knees.
5. Mopnado Stainless Steel Deluxe Rolling Spin Mop with 2 Microfiber Mop Heads
How about the Mopnado Stainless Steel Deluxe Rolling Spin Mop for your kitchen, bathroom, and other floors? You might like its dual microfibre mop heads that spin to clean the floor. The scrubbing brush attachment as well as its dispenser for the cleaning solution complete the package. Indeed, the container is built into the mop bucket to make it more efficient in delivering the mixture to your floor. The handle set is made of the highest quality stainless steel.
Furthermore, the Deluxe Model includes two handles and large wheels so that it is very easy to move and maneuver. The stainless-steel spin dry basket is a step above the competition who uses plastic or aluminum. Plus, the Mopnado is perfect for removing dirt and grime from all types of floors, such as tile, vinyl, concrete, stone, laminate, and hardwood. Also, the mop heads that are made of microfiber are durable. You can wash them with your washing machine rather than spend more to buy replacement microfiber pads.
You can also reach under furniture and around hard to reach areas, thanks to the 180-degree swivel. Furthermore, the 56-inch handle can extend longer to reach windows and even ceiling fans. The main downside of the Mopnado Stainless Steel Deluxe Rolling Spin Mop is that the bottom neck tends to break and there are no replacement parts for this. You would then need to buy another spray mop.
- The Mopnado Stainless Steel Deluxe Rolling Spin Mop is designed to clean different floors including laminate, concrete, hardwood, and tile;
- With its patented mop plates, you don’t need to spend energy getting the head to spin; They also make it less difficult for you to rinse the mop’s head;
- The mop heads are also long-lasting; You can wash them again and again in your washing machine;
- Easily reach under furniture with the180 degree swivel mop head;
- Also, extend your mop and lock it into place so you can clean your windows and walls.
6. Bona Hardwood Floor Spray Mop, includes 28.75 oz. Cartridge
Maybe you would give the Bona Hardwood Floor Spray Mop a try, if for nothing else but that it works on hardwood floors. It works on other surfaces too once you use it as directed. This cleaning tool combines the durable microfiber mop with Bona’s high-quality cleaning solution.
That said, the Bona Hardwood Floor Spray Mop can be used on most wooden floors without leaving a dull residue. You might need, however, to confirm with your supplier whether the Bona Hardwood Spray Mop is the right fit for your particular hardwood floor. Also, the spray mop uses the cleaner that comes with it, so you might not be able to use your own cleaning solution with this mop.
Furthermore, the spray mechanism tends to require extra attention to prevent it from malfunctioning. Not to worry, it is fast and straightforward to use, and it has an ergonomic yet durable design. Certified by GREENGUARD, the Bona Hardwood Floor Spray Mop is not toxic to use.
- The Bona Hardwood Floor Spray Mop is effective in cleaning the floor;
- It is safe to use on hardwood, although you may need to check this with your supplier;
- It quickly dries when you spray mop, so there is minimal residue on your floors;
- Although this spray mop is lightweight in design, it is durable;
- Along with the mop, a refillable cartridge is included. So, you can save money on refill cartridges.
7. Swiffer Sweeper Floor Mop Starter Kit BgNICE
Swiffer is a name known for the best spray mop solutions on the market. So, it is no surprise that the Swiffer Sweeper Floor Mop Starter Kit is included on this list of recommended mops. The Swiffer Sweeper Floor Mop Starter Kit comes as a three-pack kit that includes seven dry sweeping and three wet mopping cloths.
Save time doing chores with this versatile starter kit. Get either wet or dry mopping done with this multi-purpose package. Furthermore, your Swiffer Sweeper is easy to put together and use. Much like other spray mops, the Swiffer Sweeper removes hair, dirt, and dust from your floors without trouble.
- With the dry cleaning cloths, expect three times more cleaning action in removing dirt, hair, and dust;
- The wet mop cloths are textured to make it easier to remove grime and dirt effectively;
- This is a starter kit, so when the cloth refills are finished, you can buy replacements to use with your Swiffer Sweeper;
- Your kit comes with the Swiffer Sweeper, seven dry cloths for sweeping and three wet cloths for mopping;
- It is quite easy to assemble and use your Swiffer Sweeper Starter Kit.
8. O-Cedar ProMist MAX Microfiber Spray Mop
Use the O-Cedar ProMist Max Microfiber Spray Mop to get your floor cleaning job done quickly and effectively. With its big mop head that flips, you can remove twice the amount of dirt and dust that other mops are capable of doing. Also, you won’t leave a mess behind when you use this reliable spray mop. The flipping mop head is a convenient feature that also offers flexibility.
The bottle for your cleaning solution does not need to be replaced. Refill it with your choice of cleaning solution, whether store-bought or homemade. So, if you are into healthy, non-chemical cleaning solutions, this is the best spray mop you can use.
Like a magnet, the ProMist Max Microfiber lifts hair, dirt, dust, and grime from your floors. The reusable microfiber cloths can be washed again and again. You might, however, need to take extra care when attaching the mop to the handle so that it does not detach during mopping. The mop head becoming separated during mopping is an annoying inconvenience.
- With its large, double-sided microfiber head, the ProMist Max spray mop cleans a larger area of your floor without needing to change the mop head;
- Fill the bottle with your favorite cleaning solution. It won’t damage the sprayer or nozzle in your mop;
- Pick up the tiniest particle with the absorbent microfibers of the cleaning cloths provided with the ProMist MAX Spray Mop;
- Microfiber cleaning pads also allow you to do both wet and dry mopping. They are that versatile;
- The cleaning pads are also reusable – they can be machine washed even a hundred times.
9. Vorfreude – Old Model – Floor Mop with Integrated Spray
Here is your alternative to mops that are not so effective in cleaning your home – the Vorfreude Old Model Floor Mop. You might consider this among the best mop to clean wood floors. This floor mop gets the dirt and grime off your floor as effectively as the best spray mops on the market. You can choose any cleaning fluid you like to fill your integrated refillable bottle. At 700 ml, this refillable bottle holds enough to take care of a large section of your floor before you need to refill.
The microfiber pads that you get with the Vorfreude mop can be used again. They are easy to wash in your washing machine, and they retain their absorbency. While many spray mop users complain of faulty sprayers, you won’t have that problem with the Vorfreude mop sprayer. It gives a light mist that is enough to clean your floor without soaking it. The mop swivels so you can clean anywhere, even the awkward corners and crevices in your kitchen and bathrooms.
So, consider the Vorfreude Old Model Floor Mop whether your floor is wood, tile, or stone. This spray mop is available at a reasonable price at your suppliers.
- Versatile spray mop you can use anywhere, even in hard to reach crevices and corners;
- The Microfiber cleaning cloths are reusable and machine washable. They retain their absorbency;
- The Vorfreude Old Model spray mop also swivel, so it is easy to maneuver;
- You can use your choice of refill of cleaning solution or make your own. This spray mop works just as effective either way;
- It is available at a reasonable price from your suppliers.
10. SIGA Professional Microfiber Mop
Your floors will be much cleaner with the Mr. SIGA Professional Microfiber Mop that has a stainless-steel handle and comes with three free microfiber cloth refills. With a pad size of 42 cm (16.5 inches) by 23 cm (9.0 inches), this spray mop is designed to cover a wide area with every stroke. Not only is the Mr. SIGA mop effective as a dry mop, but it is also suitable as a wet mop. See how quickly this mop picks up hair and fine dust with its versatile microfiber cloth.
Furthermore, you can clip on the microfibre mop cloth to the mop plate to do either wet or dry mop work. Plus, the mop’s pole is designed as a 360-degree swivel so you can move the mop in any direction you need. Also, you can adjust the pole to any length so you can be more comfortable while doing your mopping chores. Another point about the pole is that it is sturdier than other mop poles on the market.
The Mr. SIGA spray mop is so easy to use, you won’t have trouble with it. Besides, you can use it on any floor, including hardwood. You might be a little put off by the size of the microfiber cleaning cloths. They extend beyond the mop’s plate. While you might hate that you might need to take your time while cleaning along walls to prevent the cleaning cloth from shifting on the mop plate, this design feature is beneficial in preventing scratches on your furniture. By the way, you also get a handy dirt removal scrubber with your mop. With all that said, this is among the best mop for wood floors you should choose.
- Versatile double-sided Microfiber cleaning cloths that do both wet and dry mopping work;
- Sized for professionals as well – pad size is 42 cm (16.5 inches’) by 23cm (9.0 inches’);
- Easy to clip on cleaning cloth to the mop plate;
- Mop pole swivels 360 degrees so that you can move it in any direction;
- The pole is also telescoping and uses a double locking system to keep it secure while you mop.
Buying Guide: Things to Consider When Select Spray Mop For Hardwood Floor
But first, here are a few benefits you might be interested to know about when selecting a spray mop.
You won’t waste time – Mopping floors can be a time consuming and frustrating chore. If the mop you use is a worn-out string mop or a mop and bucket, you will spend more time mopping, wetting, mopping, wringing. Instead, with the spray mop, you simply fill the refillable container with your favorite cleaning solution and get going. In a matter of minutes, you will be done with your floor mopping chore, with time to spare to do other things.
You also won’t waste water – Naturally, you will use far less water in cleaning your floor than you would have used with the traditional mop and bucket. With the cleaning solution poured into the container attached to the spray mop, you can cover a significant area of your floor before you need to refill. That said, you’ll find it much more convenient to use your spray mop whenever you need to mop your floor. Once you see how much a spray mop saves on water, (and your water bill), you won’t want to use another type of mop again.
A Spray Mop is Versatile – Whatever the type of floor in your home, the spray mop can handle it. Whether your floor is marble, wood, tile, stone, linoleum, or other materials, the spray mop will take care of it. This versatility beats having to contend with wet, sloppy mops that are not the best options for hardwood floors. That said, the spray mop is also quite effective in producing the same or better quality cleaning results compared with other mops on the market.
It’s Good for your Back – If you suffer from a bad back – back pain and discomfort, you know how hard it is to keep up with a mop and bucket. Not so with the spray mop. Spray mops allow you to keep going without having to bend to dip and wring it out in a bucket. You spray as you go, so the spray mop cleans your floor with less effort and pain. Your back will get much-needed relief through the spray mop, which you don’t have to bend your back to use.
Spray Mops are Lightweight – Unlike other mops on the market, a spray mop is lightweight and easy to handle. Although the spray mop is light, it is durable and can do as much work as heavier mops. Anyone can manage the lightweight spray mop and still get fantastic cleaning results. Most brands of spray mops are designed to be light, portable, easy to carry. For cleaning your house room to room, it is less strenuous to lug a spray mop around, compared with what you would need to do with a mop and bucket.
Spray Mops are also Durable – Most spray mops are designed to last as long as a year or two. So, you should expect to have the best microfiber mop for hardwood floor with you for a reasonably long time. Of course, how you care for and use your spray mop will allow you to have your trusty spray mop for a long time.
Spray Mops are not Costly – It is also much cheaper to use a reliable spray mop as the main expenses with owning one are the replacement cleaning pads and liquid refills. And yet, most cleaning pads supplied with spray mops are reusable, and the container for the cleaning solution is also refillable. You can even pour in your homemade cleaning solution to further reduce cost.
As you can see, this list of benefits for using spray mops is not exhaustive. It could go on and on. But you get the picture. There are many advantages and benefits of accepting the spray mop as your tool for cleaning your floors.
How to Use Spray Mop
Using a spray mop on your floor is pretty straightforward. You fill your container with either water or your favorite cleaning solution and reattach it to the mop. Once you do that, you are ready to go. Run the spray mop over the floor area you want to clean. Spray the solution as you go. You release the spray by pressing the trigger, which is usually located on the area of the mop handle that you hold. Use slow and deliberate strokes for the best results. If you have a spray mop with an adjustable handle, adjust the handle to fit your height or preferences.
However, not every floor should be mopped with a spray mop. Because spray mops use water or a solution for cleaning, floors that can take liquid are suitable for spray mops. So, tile floors, stone tiles, vinyl floors, and laminated floors are OK to clean with a spray mop. Hardwood floors may be cleaned with a spray mop but ensure that the cleaner being used is suitable for such floors. Spray mops come with microfiber absorbent cleaning pads which are also machine washable. When you are finished with mopping, remove the cleaning pad so that it can be washed and reused.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the best mop to use on hardwood floors?
There are so many different mops that you can use for your floor; it’s hard to single out just one. In general, hardwood floors require special care when using water, so a wet mop might not be the best option for such floors. A spray mop, which uses less liquid, may be a better solution. Ensure that the cleaner you use is one that is made for wood floors. You don’t want to destroy the attractive finish on your hardwood floor by using the incorrect cleaner. Dry mops are OK for hardwood floors, but you may need to mop more frequently to avoid a substantial build-up of dirt and grime.
How often should you mop your floors?
How often you mop your floor depends on the area of the house it is, as well as how badly the floor needs cleaning each time. Some rooms require more attention than others. The bathroom requires deep cleaning at least once per month. Otherwise, light mopping is OK. If, however, your bathroom is prone to experience spills quite often, then mopping more frequently is necessary. You will also need to wipe your kitchen floor periodically since you use that area quite regularly. Also, food tends to spill on the floor, and if you have kids and pets, they may make a mess in there as well. As a general rule, your floors need mopping at least every two weeks to get rid of dirt, germs, and allergens. Wooden floors could be spray mopped around once per month to keep it looking sparkling clean.
How do you properly mop a floor?
Mopping a floor properly is possible with your regular mop, a mop and bucket set, or the spray mop. Depending on the mop you use, there might be a few extra steps. For this review, let’s look at how to use a spray mop. The spray mop is handy and ready to use. First, take the integrated bottle off and fill it with warm water and your favorite cleaning solution. Reattach the bottle and start mopping. Spray the solution on the floor as you move the mop over the area for a proper clean. If you encounter hard to remove spots of dirt and grime, rub the area with more force, or use a scraper or scouring pad to remove it. Continue mopping until you are finished. Allow your floor to dry before walking on it. Avoid using too much solution on your wooden floor. When finished, you may remove the microfiber pad from your mop and machine wash it so you can use it again.
Can you use dish soap to mop the floor?
Yes, you can use dish soap to mop your floor. At least, most floors except wooden floors. You can prepare your cleaning solution with dish soap and pour it into the container for your spray mop. In making the mix, use the dish soap in a little hot or warm water. As you mop the floor, you may need to use a small, pad that does not scratch the floor to clean the corners. The result is a clean floor just like your favorite brand of cleaner.
Can I use laundry detergent to mop the floor?
Yes, you can use laundry detergent to mop your floor. Many of the cleaning products on the market are not necessary. Whatever cleaning products can do, a bottle of laundry detergent mix can do just as well. In a pinch, you can make your cleaning solution with laundry detergent to use on most floors. You may need to be cautious with wooden floors though.
You should, by now have found the best spray mop for your purposes after this review. With so many options to select from, this review and buying guide has examined ten of the top spray mop products for you to try. Not only did you get an overview of the top picks, but you were shown the key benefits of choosing spray mops. Furthermore, the questions you might have had about spray mops and how to use them were answered as best as possible. Are you still confused as to what to select? You don’t need to be. Your final decision is easier to make.