The awareness of the medical benefits of lemon juice has made lemon squeezer a must-have kitchen utensil. Your food and drinks taste better with lemon juice added. Having the best lemon squeezer around would help to ensure that your family does not fall short on lemon juice when needed.
While lemon squeezer is an affordable kitchen utensil, consumers are usually more concerned about getting the best lemon squeezer for their money. The durability, type, and portability of lemon squeezers affect the cost and results one expect. Do you need a heavy-duty squeezer for everyday use or just an added utensil to your kitchen?
5 Best Lemon Squeezer: Editor’s Recommendation
Before settling for any squeezer, you must know what function they want out of the squeezer. Squeezers come in various designs, some for small fruits and some for both small and large fruit.
After going through this lemon squeezer review, rest assured that you will find it easier to pick the ideal squeezer.
BEST LEMON SQUEEZER Review
1. Lemoment stainless steel lemon squeezer
First on this list is the Lemoment lemon squeezer which comes with a large bowl to contain different citrus sizes. Unlike other squeezers, the amount of lemon juice that squirts out, depending on the pressure applied, is only a drop or two. But keep in mind that the squeezer produces a better result when squeezed slowly. Another impressive thing about the Lemoment is its large holes, which makes squeezing much easier and even faster than most lemon juicers.
Since one of the primary considerations when selecting a lemon squeezer is the handle length, lemoment got that covered and generally requires little strength to squeeze the handles together. So, even if you are one of those with weak hand strength due to old age, you won’t have a problem using this lemon squeezer.
The squeezer comes built with all-steel material to ensure almost a lifetime performance without failure any time you need to juice. The handles are also silicone coated, which helps to absorb the pressure and gives you a steady, secure, and pain-free grip.
- Built for Optimum extraction.
- Large handles for easier squeezing
- High-quality steel to prevent corrosion and enhances durability.
- The squeezer has a large bowl for different citrus sizes
- Portable and lightweight for easy transportation
- Silicone handle to prevent hand fatigue and soreness
- Require relatively low maintenance.
2. Zulay Premium Quality Lemon Squeezer
Zulay Top-rated Premium Metal Lemon and Lime Squeezer also rank high among the best lemon juicer out there. If you often manually pick out pulp or seeds from your juice after using a lemon press or handheld juicer, which sucks; this lemon squeezer is the solution to the problem.
The lemon squeezer comes built with a relatively large bowl with aligned perforations. The alignment also makes it impossible for seeds not to get into the squeezed juice, meaning you can consume your juice immediately after pressing.
This squeezer is also compact. And for those who care about kitchen arrangement, have in mind that the Zulay Lemon Squeezer is portable. Hence it will take the least space on your countertop.
This lemon squeezer is also not only convenient for young people but also for the elderly as the juice runs out at the slightest squeeze. Though the design is of heavy metal, it is very efficient when used on various citrus fruit sizes. Excitingly, the citrus press parts are detachable for hand cleaning or dishwashing. It is free of lead coating and non-toxic coating.
- Highly portable squeezer
- Detachable parts for easy Clean-up
- Heavy-duty metal bowls for strength.
- Ergonomic design to prevent hand fatigue and soreness
- It produces juice very fast, therefore, saves time and effort
3. Bellemain Premium Quality Stainless Steel Lemon Squeezer
It is no surprise that the Bellemain lemon squeezer is on the list of the best lime squeezers. Of course, it has all the qualities you would need in a good quality lemon squeezer. The product has got some superior strength for squeezing, making it a breeze to use.
Bellemain squeezer is one of the sturdiest and durable squeezers you will ever find. Another thing you will find impressive about this squeezer is its optimally sized bowl with a reinforced hinge which makes squeezing easy. Its strong levers and thick casting ensures that every drop of juice runs out from the citrus pieces.
Bellemain squeezer is highly ergonomic owing to its thickly constructed and silicone-bonded handle which makes squeezing much easier. For those who have an arthritic hand, this squeezer is perfect. Your hand will never get tired while juicing.
The silicone-bonded handle is designed to ensure that your hand retains the needed energy for continuous squeezing while the squeezer remains firm. It will also interest you to know that the Bellemain squeezer does not react with citrus fruits.
- Ergonomic design to prevent arthritic pangs
- Food-grade 18/10 stainless steel material, it does not react with juice.
- Quality steel to prevent corrosion
- Maintenance is relatively low.
- Solid construction and very reliable
4. TrueCraftware Commercial Citrus Juicer
This Truecraftware juicer operates manually and offers excellent performance as any other brand. The juicer also comes with a superior design, which allows the juice to flow seamlessly into the container without carrying seeds or pulp.
If you are looking for a squeezer to produce juice for a large group of friends or family members, this juicer fits the bill. And talking about durability and strength, the Trucraftware comes built with cast iron material which guarantees that.
The ergonomic design of the handle, on the other hand, is something noteworthy about this brand of citrus juicer. This part of the juicer also comes built with rubber for safety and stability.
The rubber fitted in the base of this juicer helps to ensure stability. Although the squeezer looks relatively large, it is light and comfortable. You will also find it simple to use for personal or commercial purposes. Just cut the fruit in two, place the halved fruit into the squeezer, press down the handles, and watch your juices run out while you salivate.
Cleaning is also a breeze with this squeezer as it comes constructed with detachable parts. So, if you are seeking a dishwasher-safe, easy to maintain, reliable, and commercial-grade juice squeezer, you can consider the TrueCraftware.
- Heavy-duty cast iron for optimum strength and durability
- Serve various squeezing functions from lemons to vegetables.
- Highly professional and hygienic.
- Quality rubber handles for a firm and painless grip.
- Highly stable and does not topple during squeezing.
- Healthy high-level food-grade material.
5. Co-z commercial grade citrus juicer
If you desire to get a squeezer for both home and business purposes, then Co-z squeezer is another must-have squeezer to consider. This squeezer’s heavy-duty design makes it suitable for commercial and personal use.
Numbered in the best lemon press list, it offers excellent and consistent result attributed to its superior design. Every user wants a squeezer that effectively separates the squeezed juice from the pulp and seeds. And guess what, this squeezer can do that with ease.
The squeezer is easy to use with a moderate handle length for compression or squeezing. Co-z squeezer features a stable base which prevents tilting or toppling. It fits for various sizes of lime lemon, apple, and even pineapple when in small units and also extracts all the juice at any applied pressure. The bowl underneath is fitted excellently well during squeezing.
Another impressive thing you will notice about this juicer is its parts are removable and super easy to wash. The squeezer is also dishwasher-safe.
- Highly professional for services in the home, restaurant, and other commercial services.
- Features the food-grade stainless steel filter for improved hygiene
- Removable bowl for easy cleaning and maintenance
- Built with handle that permits pressures as high as 2300psi.
- Sturdy cast iron construction for optimum strength stability
- Built with filter for efficient pulp and seed removal.
- Adjustable cup height for accommodating different fruit sizes.
6. Wertioo manual citrus press.
If you are eager to find the best stainless steel lemon squeezers available, Wertioo manual citrus press is a wise choice. The squeezer’s solid construction is something worth considering and makes the product looks like it can function for many years.
The handles are quite long and make squeezing simple. The squeezer also comes built with a non-corrosive stainless steel body, designed to resist wear and tear. And rest assured you won’t find toxic paints or metals in your juice as common with other low-grade lemon squeezers out there.
The squeezer is quite large in the cup size that it can handle large-sized lemon fruits conveniently. Plus the perforations through which the juice passes are also large enough to offer you a neat and easy squeezing experience.
Again, the Wertioo lemon squeezer is dishwasher-safe. And compared to a host of squeezers, the maintenance required is relatively low.
- Non-corrosive material which enhances food safety
- Long-lasting stainless steel which guarantees reliability and durability
- Long handle for optimum grip and comfortability
- Permits dishwashing for easy clean-up
- Ergonomic handle design to prevent soreness and fatigue
- Holes are relatively wide for the smooth outflow of juice.
7. Chef’nfreshforce citrus juicer
The Chef’nfreshforce juicer is not only budget-friendly but highly attractive. And if you are looking for a more efficient citrus juicer, you will enjoy using this brand. Excitingly, it provides 20% more juice than many handheld juicers out there. You will discover that the pulp is almost dry after squeezing.
The fact that that the manufacturer placed a lifetime guarantee on this squeezer is enough to boost your confidence that you won’t regret splashing the cash. With the double-gear mechanism on this squeezer, you can expect low hand fatigue and more juice in your cup.
The squeeze is also lightweight. Plus its nylon and stainless steel construction of this squeezer highly contributes to its durability.
- A dual-gear mechanism for improved efficiency
- Dishwasher-safe for easy cleaning and maintenance
- Ergonomic handle design for secure handling
- Require relatively little amount of pressure to get the juice.
- Durable stainless steel and nylon for maximum output
- Free of bisphenol A (BPA) for user’s safety.
8. E-prance Lemon Squeezer
The e-prance squeezer is another outstanding squeezer that can give you an enormous amount of juice within the shortest possible period. The easily wielded handle on this lemon squeezer causes it to squeeze fruits quite more effective than most at this price point.
The bowl on this lemon squeezer is also large and conducive for most tasks, particularly if you are looking to squeeze out more juices at a go. The squeezer also comes constructed with durable stainless steel material. But the layer of stainless steel is a bit thicker than what most brands have.
No splashing, the juice flows through a fairly wide hole into your cup or bowl; it does not splash or get your hands wet. E-prance squeezer does not only work as expected. It also has a good weight. And guess what; no more fishing out seeds from your juice before consumption. This lemon squeezer provides a solution to the problem.
Also, the metal used in constructing this lemon squeezer is non-toxic and rust-free. Plus getting lemon residues out from the squeezer is a breeze.
- Easy to use
- Built with larger bow size for increased output
- Heavy-duty metal, zinc alloy for maximum strength
- Serve both kitchen and bar needs.
- Squeezer does not splash the juice like other squeezer types
9. Oxo-Good Grips Citrus Squeezer
Oxo-Good grips squeezer is a top brand that gets your heavy juicing tasks done. With an intuitive design and ergonomic non-slip handle, this lemon squeezer makes squeezing out juice fun and more efficient.
The die-cast aluminum material used in coating and non-stick finish of this lemon squeezer enhances its durability. These features also contribute to the safety of Oxo-Good citrus squeezer. And irrespective of the pressure applied, you can expect the squeezer to remain intact.
The only backdrop is that for large lemons, users have to cut into four because the circumference of the bowl is not large. But this is not a deal-breaker. If you are working with smaller sized lemon fruits, you will find this squeezer more useful and enjoyable.
Recommended by America’s Test Kitchen, the Oxo-Good comes in varied color, giving you the chance to choose the one that blends with your kitchen’s design. The squeezer is also ergonomically friendly and effective for juice extraction.
The lightweight construction also makes the squeezer easier and convenient to use for extended periods. So, if you are planning to explore the world of cocktails and enjoy producing more drinks for your loved ones, the Oxo-Good squeezer will make an excellent choice.
- Non-slip handles for maximum grip and easy squeeze.
- Die-cast aluminum coating for strength and durability
- Squeezer does not retain lemon particles for better hygiene
- Pressure-absorbing handles to prevent slippage.
- Coating does not wear out after heavy use
- Ergonomic design for portability and smooth operation
10. USA Handheld Lemon and Lime Squeezer
If you don’t like the idea of having sticky fingers after squeezing your fruits, then splashing the cash on the USA Handheld Lemon and Lime Squeezer will make a whole lot of sense. The squeezer comes built with transparent plastic material but powerful enough to help you extract a considerable amount of juice from your fruits.
However, this squeezer does a good job regarding squeezing. The only drawback, though not a deal-breaker, is its size. The so-called crystal clear citrus squeezer is not wide enough. And for that, you have to cut your lemon or lime into smaller sliced to fit the squeezer.
But if you don’t have a problem slicing your lemon or citrus fruits into bits before squeezing, the USA Handheld Squeezer is a wise choice. The squeezer also comes built with FDA certified material that is both lead and BPA free.
You can also use this squeezer without fear of breakage when it accidentally drops on the floor. It comes built with a durable plastic material that can withstand rough handling. The Squeezer, on the other hand, is dishwasher safe. So, rest assured there will be no remnant left whenever you wash.
So, if you are looking for a durable, lightweight, and highly attractive squeezer, the USA Handheld Squeezer will make a wise choice for you.
- No sticky fingers
- Dishwasher safe
- Lightweight for easy movement
- Food-grade plastic material for safe use
- Operates in a press-and-pour manner
- Portable design and durable construction
Buying Guide: Things to Look’s When Select Lemon Squeezer
The lemon squeezer is an excellent investment for citrus juice lovers. But then, there are numerous options at the market, making it difficult for first-time buyers to make a choice since. However, if you are in a similar situation, then the following guide should help you identify the best lemon squeezer without wasting time.
Firstly, understand all lemon Squeezers you will find in the market comes designed to extract the juice. But one critical factor to have in mind when searching for the best lemon squeezer, that will serve your commercial or household need is yield. Most lemon squeezers are not constructed for maximum extraction yield, thereby leaving some juice behind. Look out for squeezer that can extract all juice
Make sure that yield is consistent irrespective of the fruit you are squeezing. If you can, choose the one with a high yield by weight, though juice yield is affected by the fruit you are using as well as season. Read reviews like these before splashing the cash.
Lemon squeezers are of different designs. The usability of the lemon squeezer should be a factor you consider before purchasing any juicer. Lemon squeezers made by top companies come with unique designs. Using this kind of lemon squeezers, you can get maximum yield with a little amount of pressure. Acquire a squeezer that won’t cause hand fatigue even after extensive use. Whatever squeezer you are buying, ensure it offers smooth operation and maximum output.
Also, get to know how long it takes to squeeze juice from citrus fruit. By that, you will know which one is easiest and fastest to use.
3. Produced flavor
Some squeezers can alter the real taste of the juice. So, ensure your squeezer provides the right flavor you need. Some squeezers extract oil from the skin or add sourness from the white pith. Some even crush seeds into the juice that eventually gives a bad taste. More reason why you should read through detailed reviews to know if what you are buying is the real thing.
Reading squeezer reviews like the one on this page is not a waste of time; it will enable you to know everything you need to know about the product. Never consider it a waste of time. Use the information gotten to make an informed decision.
4. The material used and its durability
Here is another factor you have to consider before selecting a particular squeezer. Lemon squeezers come built with different materials; metal, steel, alloy, plastic, or even wood. Plus each one has its pros and cons.
Lemon is a fruit, and it is good that you avoid squeezers made of steel since it can be stained, but if that is not a problem you can buy it. They are even more durable.
However, if you require a durable lemon squeezer, consider acquiring one constructed with wooden materials, or the heavy-duty aluminum. We highly recommend that you avoid lemon squeezers made of plastic as they cannot last long.
5. Ease of cleaning
A lemon squeezer is a kitchen utensil, and like other utensils in the kitchen, it needs regular maintenance for it to last longer. Therefore, make sure that you examine the squeezer if it is easy to clean before purchasing it.
Dishwasher-safe squeezers are often the best. If you can buy squeezers with removable parts, they are much easier to maintain because you can easily access every part. However, there are lemon squeezers that come built with reamers. They come in sophisticated design which eventually stores dirt, juice and pulp houses bacteria.
Buy a lemon squeezer that is easier for you to clean and maintain. That way, you will never have issues with maintenance and cleaning, and also, it ensures that your squeezer never houses any bacteria.
Apart from the discussed factors above, your budget also has a part to play. But in all, go for a durable squeezer built to absorb pressure during usage.
How to Utilize The Lemon Squeezer?
You probably have the best lemon press by now, given the information your disposal. And you may be using a handheld lemon squeezer for the production of your virgin lemonade, a sweet or sour lemon juice, citrus salad dressing. For most individuals, lemon juicing involves steps like cutting the fruit in half (two parts) get one part in the squeezer with the cut part facing downwards. Your next move after that is to squeeze. But this is not an ideal way to get the task done.
This guide will show you how to utilize your purchased best handheld juicer for maximum output.
- Get a knife to split the fruit into two equal parts. Then get one of the cut parts in your lemon squeezer. Now press the handles to turn the fruit inside out and squeeze out the juice.
- If you are pressing small-sized lemons, split each fruit into four parts before you place in whatever squeezing tool you are using. When you press the squeezer handles, t opens them up.
- Before you squeezer fruits like Tangerine, be certain that the tool squeezer can handle it before progressing.
Additional information for juicing
Choosing and cutting Fruits
- Examine the rigidity of the fruit. Choose a fruit that is relatively soft but not slushy. The weightier the fruit, the juicier it will be. Rind free of blemish and has a sweet scent.
- The lemon fruit should also be at room temperature. Your citrus should be at or slightly above room temperature. Then warm in a microwave for a few seconds if it is below room temperature.
- Roll the fruit against a smooth surface. Roll the fruit to loosen the inner segments for easier juicing.
- Cut the fruit in two. Cut lemon lengthwise if it will fit your squeezer and if not cut crosswise and cheap off the pointy tip. Your lemon gives more juice when cut lengthwise.
- Fix the fruit into squeezer. Place the cut side of the citrus fruit downwards.
- Compress squeezer handles together. Put a bowl under the squeeze before squeezing.
- Squeeze the handles. Compress till juice stops running from squeezer.
Types of Lemon Squeezer
There are various types of squeezer on the market ranging from manual to electrical squeezer.
Reamers extracts juice from citrus fruits such as grapefruits, lemons, limes or oranges in a manner that is quite different from other squeezers. It produces juice by squeezing the halved citrus fruit along the ridged conical center of the squeezer and discarding the rind. Some are manual while some work electrically.
2. Centrifugal juicers
The centrifugal juicer has a flat blade which cuts the lemon in two. It rotates the fruit at a speed which separates the fruit from its pulp.
Also known as a cold juicer or slow juicer, uses a single helical shaft to compress and squash fruit into small pieces before extracting the juice along with a static screen. It has a separate outlet for expelling the pulp.
3. Triturating squeezer (two-gear juicer)
This type of squeezer comes with two helical shafts for compressing and crushing the fruit.
4. Juicing press
This juicer is best for large scale agricultural production. These squeezers are stationary as well as mobile. The movable type has the advantage of being moveable from one location to the other. It is perfect for apples stacked and wrapped in fine mesh cloth. It presses at approximately 40 tones. They are common in Europe.
5. Steam juice extractor
The juicer uses a mechanism called steam juice extraction to extract juice from fruits and even from vegetables. The juicer is clear and purified. It consists of a pot which generates steam used to heat a batch of fruits in a perforated pot stacked over a juice collecting container.
Frequently Asked Questions About Lemon Squeezer:
How to clean lemon squeezer?
For healthy and germ-free juice extraction, always clean your lemon squeezer clean before and after use. Lemon squeezers are usually easy to clean except reamer types which require a bit more technical cleaning process.
Follow these processes to clean your Squeezer:
First is, always wash your squeezer immediately after use. If the parts are dishwasher-safe, then you have no worries since the cleaning process will be more comfortable. Just put the pieces in the dishwasher. For squeezers which are not dishwasher-safe, you can clean them under running water. Use a spatula to remove pulp trapped in the container or bin which comes with the squeezer. Also, you can moisten a sponge or soft material and use it to clean the squeezer. Employ a small brush for delicate areas. Assuming you are utilizing the reamer squeezer type, make sure you always wash with warm water. The next step is to brush but use a soft brush for this task.
Which lemon squeezer is the best?
Deciding which lemon squeezer is best largely depends on your need. However, stainless steel lemon squeezers are usually the best. They are smooth and comfortable. They provide effortless squeezing experience and are very efficient, long-lasting, and durable. And one of such is the Bellemain squeezer.
How to produce juice with the lemon squeezer?
The following tips show you how to make juice
- Choose juicy lemon. Smaller sized lemons are better. Avoid rough-skinned fruits
- Warm lemons in the microwave before cutting. They give a better result that way.
- Cut lemon lengthwise or crosswise. Make sure the cut lemon fits into your squeezer.
- Place your cut lemon into the squeezer and squeeze the handles together. Don’t forget to put a bowl under the squeezer.
What is squeezer?
A lemon squeezer is a tool that has become more relevant in today’s modern kitchen. Its primary function is to extract juice fruits, particularly citrus. Most squeezers are built to resist pressure and prevent fatigue. They help to squash fruit pulps, and the majority of them are a breeze to use.
How to Obtain the Most Juice From the Lemon Fruit?
While juicing is easy, getting the most juice from a lemon can be a little tricky.
- The lemon must be at room temperature for maximum output.
- Roll the fruit against a smooth surface before cutting. Apply sufficient pressure to cause minor distortion in shape.
- Cut the lemon lengthwise or crosswise.
- Squeeze your lemon n a squeezer and enjoy.
Ways to utilize the handheld lemon squeezer?
The fantastic thing about lemon squeezers is the fact that they can be understood easily. This guide shows you how to utilize t for maximum output.
- Cut the fruit in two. Cut lemon lengthwise or crosswise depending on the Size of your squeezer. Your lemon gives more juice when cut lengthwise.
- Get your lemon in the squeezing tool. Ensure that the cut side of the citrus fruit is facing downwards.
- Split the smaller-sized lemons into four parts before you put them in the squeezing tool. The squeezer will open them up when pressed.
- Ensure that your squeezer can handle the size of fruit you want to squeeze before placing them in the squeezer.
- Squeeze lemons or limes at room temperature, or you can even keep them warm. That way, you will likely receive maximum output.
Lemon water, for example, benefits the body in more ways than imagined. It aids digestion, enhances skin quality, hydrates, and provides loads of vitamin C, prevents kidney stone and weight loss. But to get the maximum benefit of this extraordinary fruit, or any citrus fruit, all it takes is the best lemon squeezer.
These squeezers help to extract all the juice from the citrus fruit. The tool might look simple. But it will ensure you always have enough citrus fruit to nourish your body and improve your health naturally. So, don’t be left out or deprive your body of something that it cherishes so much. Use our buying guide to find the best citrus juicer from the numerous options available.